Our desire is to glorify God by touching the hearts of women, encouraging them to love God, to love their families, to love one another and to reach out into their communities with the love of Christ. Scripture Verse: “Therefore, God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness. and patience…and over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Colossians 3:12-14
- To see women grow in Christ through worship, teaching, Bible study, prayer, and fellowship.
- To provide an environment in which every woman is highly valued and appreciated.
- To develop and maintain good, godly relationships within our church body.
- To provide opportunities to serve our church body and communities through outreach.
We do this through:
- Fellowship when the women of Home Church and their friends, gather together for times of worship, teaching, testimonies, prayer, and fellowship. They might have a panel discussion on a relevant topic or a speaker for the evening. Two years in a row during the winter, we enjoyed a nice bowl of homemade soup and made Chemo Caps for chemotherapy patients at St. Anthony’s Hospital. This was such a hit that we have made it a yearly event!
- Retreats are a wonderful time of pressing into the Lord, refueling and renewing our spirits and of building relationships with one another. It is a weekend filled with games, skits, interactive small groups, worship, prayer, and teaching.
- Bible Studies and spending time in God’s word grows us like nothing else can!
Occasional outings to various places of interest to women, i.e. shopping in St. Charles, Kimmswick, the Botanical Gardens, Butterfly House, etc.
- Women’s conferences—whether we host our own conference or join another. Conferences bring out new levels of purpose that can challenge us to rise up to our next levels of faith and they help increase the sense of unity within the body of women here at Home Church.
Leader: Amy Henry, Women’s Ministry